slide show

Thursday, September 15, 2011

Returning to normal




Not gonna lie or try to sugarcoat ... it's been a tough 4 weeks since Sunshine's surgery. She did well initially and healed up physically *very* quickly. But the rough sleeping, crying, temper tantrums, anger, and all-around not-so-good mood have made for ... honestly ... an unpleasant and difficult month. On top of that, the kids have been sick off and on and Sunshine has been cutting THREE molars at the same time. I have prayed for more patience and grace in the last month than I think I ever have.

Praise God though, we are doing *so much better* ... Sunshine is finally smiling and LAUGHING again. It has been music to my ears, literally soul food, to hear her giggling and even belly laughing in the last few days.

What was wrong? Not really sure ... it's so difficult to tell because we don't have much history with our girl and she can't talk to us. I just know she has been such an unhappy camper and truthfully, very little was consoling her. It makes my heart soar to see her returning to normal though ... the last few days have been mostly smiling and laughing with very little crying. I took this video 2 nights ago after dinner (sorry, it's from my iphone) ... she thought Daddy was the funniest guy ever ... God is so good!

5 comments:

  1. I'm sorry it's been a rough month, but I'm glad you're seeing the light at the end of the tunnel. And I just have to say that she looks fabulous -- her hair is getting so long!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hugs and grace to you. So glad she's returning to happiness. I love those shots, w/ the playdoh coming into focus!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sorry its been rough :(.....but, praising God that you are encouraged!! Her giggles are such a Precious sound!! She is so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm sorry it's been so hard! I was thinking about you last week and thinking, "I've gotta call her! I haven't heard from her in a while!" Now I know why. :( Well, I'm glad to hear that things are on the upswing now. Brooklyn looks great--love her hair coming in!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my! I am so sorry to hear about the rough transition - SO glad that it is turning around! Brooklyn is beautiful with her hair growing in!!

    ReplyDelete