slide show

Sunday, May 8, 2011

Happy Mother's Day

I am probably a bit biased, but I really think my kiddos get the best-dressed award for Mother's Day. What makes their shirts even better is that DH ordered them on his own and they surprised me with these this morning ... when they brought me breakfast in bed. Yup, that's right :-) Breakfast in bed. DH knows me waaaaay too well :-) And in the midst of all the spectacular awesomeness of this morning, I *still* had to fight to get 1 shot of the kids in these super-awesome get-ups. And this ONE shot that I ended up with is actually a combination of several images ... thank goodness for photoshop! Even with bribing the kids AND using the "But it's Mother's Day" guilt trip ... LOL ... nothing was working :-)

Ya know what though? I am totally at a zen with that ... because THAT is just how my kids are. I know them intimately and I knew I'd have a battle even before we walked outside. Of *course* it wouldn't be perfect ... because life isn't perfect ... it's messy, frustrating, and at times it feels like things just don't go my way. But really, that's what makes life so perfect - all of the imperfections add up to the most perfect life I could ask for ... because it's mine ... and because God gave it to me. He gave me all of these "imperfect" blessings and I am so proud to call them my life.

And on this Mother's Day, I've been reflecting on all of those blessings ... specifically the truly wonderful privilege of caring for my children ... teaching them, learning from them, growing with them, loving them. Although I know today is about celebrating mothers and how hard they work for their families, I think what I will celebrate today is what a miracle it is to BE a mother. In fact, I adore BEING a mom ... because my beautiful kiddos are totally perfect, especially when they're not being "perfect."

Sunday Snapshot

2 comments:

  1. Lovely image! And as time passes, I especially love the images that aren't so perfect! It's just sweeter in the end that we see who they really are.
    Happy Mother's Day!
    NaNCY

    ReplyDelete
  2. adorable! way to go Zach! and how right you are in the our lives are perfect b/c they are ours :) Hope you had a great Mother's Day :)

    ReplyDelete