slide show

Friday, May 13, 2011

Mommy & Daddy are COMING!!!!

This post was *supposed* to be titled "Progress" but we got WAAAY better news before I had the chance to post it! We got

TA!!!!!!

Seriously 100% in shock right now - it only took 14 DAYS! PRAISE GOD!!!! I can't believe this is actually real and we are going to get our BABY GIRL! Oh my word! If we get the consulate appointment we requested, we will leave the FIRST WEEK IN JUNE!!!! That's 3 weeks from now. Holy cow! We'll know more next week but for now ... oh wow, all of the preparations, the lists, the shopping! Yikes! It's so exciting ... but crazy ... all at the same time.
You can see below that I have been making tons of "progress" on the packing side of things. In fact, I have even more of the packing ready to go now and am pretty much done, just need to add our clothes and we are READY! I have even weighed the bags pre-clothes and we are only coming in at 30 lbs, so I think we are going to be under the 44 lb limit. Most of the prep-work now comes into play for Angel and Lovebug. I am really thankful that Angel will be out of school - it may make for a few boring days but the planning is SO much easier!



OH MY GOODNESS ... this is HAPPENING!!! All of this waiting, the worrying, the sleepless nights ... we are at the end, the culmination of all this work. God has been through ALL of this with us and it totally shows. Wow, wow, wow!

10 comments:

  1. I am SO thrilled for you! And I am also just a tiny bit disgusted at how prepared you already are. ;o) We are in leaving in about 12 days, and I do not have little baggies everywhere...should I? Oh dear.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woo hoo!!!!!! Can not wait to see that beautiful baby in your arms!
    Nicole

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi,
    We are traveling with you to China! Kelly Raudenbush told me you got TA today too! This is our third adoption from China! E-mail me at hostert@verizon.net Our family website is www.hosterthappenings.blogspot.com. We live in southeastern PA. I grew up in Harford County. I see you are from Maryland!!
    Tricia

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh I am SO happy for you! What a wonderful surprise!
    Nancy
    PS-lucky I bought stock in Zip-lock a few weeks back!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This should be an ad for Ziploc. :) So excited for you guys and seriously cannot wait to follow your journey!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Amazing! So excited for you guys. I agree with previous comment, this should be an ad for ziploc!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is great you are so organized. Please tell us the benefit of packing so much stuff in ziploc bags!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you so much everyone!! Jennifer, it's partly for organization (being able to quickly find things in the bags when we travel), but also because I can squeeze the air out of them to pack more if needed!

    ReplyDelete
  9. ahhh! i'm so crazy excited for you!!!!! it seems so surreal that it's actually happening! the day we've been dreaming of for each other is almost here!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ooohh! I love the organization this provides! I will definitely do this when we go to China!!

    ReplyDelete