slide show

Saturday, December 21, 2013

Visiting Washington DC

We had such a great day!  We took the kids to DC today to finish up our astronomy studies with a visit to the National Air & Space Museum.  We ALL had a blast.  I have such fond memories of the museum as a child, and today's experience was just as fantastic.  We hit the planetarium for a look into the planets and stars; and walked through all of the other exhibits as well.  I loved the Apollo exhibit, especially after just studying about the trips to the moon.  We ate a picnic lunch on the mall and then relaxed and hung out for awhile, soaking in the amazing 70 degree weather on the first day of winter.  We then took a long-ish walk to Chinatown which, unfortunately, was a bit lacking.  But at least we know for the future!  We ended the day with a funny self-family portrait in front of a very large mirror, and then headed home.  Everyone was exhausted, but I know this day will be talked about for years!  Such  terrific memories were made!






















4 comments:

  1. Looks like you had a wonderful time - I love DC - I don't think you ever need to go to a museum twice - although I love the air and space!!

    Blessings to you and your family for a wonderful holiday!

    Ashley

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your comment, Ashley! We love DC too. We live so close by and don't visit often enough. I've been to all of the museums multiple times, but the air & space is the only one I just adore going to over and over. Merry Christmas to your family!

      Delete
  2. Looks like a fun time. I have never been to DC. Would love to go :)
    You are lucky to be close:)
    Ally

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We really are lucky! And we totally take it for granted! This was the first time we've taken the kids (and my oldest is 8 1/2!)

      Delete