slide show

Sunday, December 22, 2013

My favorite Christmas cookies

As I was baking today, I was thinking about how everyone likes to bake certain cookies.  There is such variety out there, I am always fascinated by the possibilities.  I tend to bake the same few types of cookies every year, and I realize that's because they're the cookies I grew up on as a child.  They feel like Christmas to me.  They remind me of all the baking my dad did when I was growing up, and they are totally my comfort food.  My dad kind of made up his own chocolate chip cookie recipe through experimentation, and I love how fluffy and soft they are, so I'm sharing below.  What are your favorite Christmas cookie recipes?







My Dad's Fluffy Chocolate Chip Cookies

3 cups all-purpose flour
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp salt
2 sticks butter, softened
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1 cup packed dark brown sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
2 large eggs
2 cups chocolate chips

Preheat oven to 375. Combine flour, baking soda and salt in a separate bowl. Beat butter, granulated sugar, brown sugar, and vanilla extract in a large mixer until creamy. Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition. Gradually beat in flour mixture. Stir in morsels (do not beat!). Drop by scooper onto ungreased baking sheets. Bake for 7 1/2 - 9 minutes, or until golden brown. Cool on baking sheets for two minutes, remove to wire racks and cool completely.

(The only change I make on this recipe is that I use Pampered Chef stones and they take longer to bake. I don't set a timer, I just watch until the top parts just barely start to get brown and then pull them out.)

Enjoy!  Merry Christmas!

4 comments:

  1. Ummm...please bring these when we see each other next - they look SOOO good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kelly, I don't think there will be any left by then! Ha! But maybe we need to bake some more together :-)

      Delete
  2. So yummy!!! They make my mouth water!!! Enjoy your Christmas:)

    ReplyDelete