slide show

Thursday, December 19, 2013

A Christmas Pinterest Success

I'm not quite sure what happened to December.  It has somehow managed to almost disappear without us doing any Advent or Christmas activities, aside from a very small amount of Bible study.  In fact, I don't really know what happened to September, October, or November either.  The whole first half of the school year has passed me by in the blink of an eye!  "Surviving" is the word that comes to mind when describing these last several months.  I'm hoping the new year brings less busyness and more opportunity for me to relax, read, and blog.  I've been neglecting my corner of the blogosphere and our family's virtual scrapbook, yikes!

We did manage to fit in a Christmas craft yesterday for our art lesson - pour pain Christmas ornaments.  I pulled the idea from Pinterest and am so thrilled with the results!  The cost of this project was only $1 for the ribbon I picked up in the dollar section at Target.  We had the glass balls and acrylic paints on hand already.  The kids picked their paint colors and then slowly poured the paint into the balls, letting the paint run together.  I helped the younger two, but Angel happily worked on the ornament herself.  She loved it so much, she wants to go buy more glass balls.  Aren't they cool?



No comments:

Post a Comment