slide show

Sunday, December 2, 2012

Advent Day 1: Prayer Sticks

I love how this project turned out!  In case you don't know what we're doing for Advent this year, click HERE to read about our Random Acts of Christmas Kindness Advent projects!  Our first day's project was to create Prayer Sticks  -  we now have a collection of popsicle sticks with pictures of family & friends glued on them to help us pray in the evenings before bed.  And we'll definitely be adding more in the future!

The kids had fun putting this project together.  I painted a wooden cylinder box from A.C. Moore to hold our Prayer Sticks and mod-podged the image on the front (that I found online).  This is a new tool we will use every night.  Praying for others is definitely an act of kindness that will reap rewards indefinitely, and we are so excited to have a fun way to incorporate it into bedtime prayers!


3 comments:

  1. What a great idea! Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I so love this idea! I don't think we'll get this done for Advent, but I like the idea for doing it on our break so it's ready for the new year!

    ReplyDelete