slide show

Tuesday, December 18, 2012

A RACK kind of morning

We spent last Friday morning out on the town RACK'ing.  It was a load of fun.  We went to the Dollar Store to leave dollars for other kiddos to find, left nice notes on lots of windshields, attached quarters to vending machines and visited our local Fire Station with three dozen donuts.  Oh and I picked up a 25-count box of Munchkins for my RACK'ing munchkins ... they totally deserved it.  I purposely did not take my camera out so that I could be "in the moment" with the kids and not worry about documenting.  So when we got home, I shot this quick image to commemorate the morning's festivities having every intention of blogging about it in the afternoon.

And then I saw the news about Connecticut.  Writing a blog post didn't seem to matter anymore, so I put it on the back burner.  But after thinking about it today, I decided to go ahead and post it.  Because an event like that should stop me from posting about good things ... about acts of kindness meant to make our piece of the world a little bit better.  I have a hard time wrestling with what was going on in Newtown while we were carefree and RACK'ing our neighborhood.  But doing GOOD is what keeps evil at bay.  So we're gonna RACK on.  And I hope you will too.


1 comment: