slide show

Wednesday, November 7, 2012

the daniel fast: one week in

Once I got past the insane headache of the first day-and-a-half (the one that 4 ibuprofens barely dented), I started to feel pretty good!  And now that my body has been void of all sugar, caffeine, chemicals and meat/animal bi-products ... well I actually feel amazing!  I have tons of energy and am sleeping great.  Even on the days that I wake up early, I can still go all day.  Of course I am still craving coffee and all of my normal foods like crazy.  Ohhh, coffee!  I have realized that if I could just have coffee, I'd be a happy camper.  Did I mention I miss coffee?

I do miss cheese too ... and bread.  And eggs.  LOL.  All of the normal foods that I am still preparing for my kids ... the ones that I get to smell and salivate over.  All while my diet is fairly bland and boring.  It's working for me though ... and this oatmeal is getting me through.  It's delish.  Of course I had to get used to the taste without sugar, but oh I love it now!  Oatmeal, raisins, banana and cinnamon.  Yum.  I could take or leave the rest of this diet, but this oatmeal will stick with me.


2 comments:

  1. Love reading your blog!! I have been following and you have inspired me in many ways. You have opened my heart to cl/cp. I am hoping to begin my adoption journey soon!!

    Jennifer

    ReplyDelete