slide show

Thursday, November 15, 2012

Operation Christmas Child - SUCCESS!

And it was a success in more ways than one!

This week is National Collection Week with more than 3,400 drop-off sites available!  The kids and I had a lot of fun shopping for 3 shoeboxes this year, one for each of the kids.  They each helped pack a box for a girl (or boy in Lovebug's case) in their age range.  We picked up lots of little goodies and Angel even brought $11.65 of her own money to contribute.

That was all of her savings.  She gave it all.

Their hearts constantly amaze me and help put life in perspective!  Angel drew pictures for each of the boxes too and was so happy to know they'd be received by kids around the world.  I absolutely adore that they are getting old enough to understand what giving means.  They seem to have a natural compassion and kindness for others that I hope we can continue to foster.  Loving and serving in the name of Christ ... I can't think of better values to teach my precious littles.


If you haven't put any shoeboxes together, but would like to participate in Operation Christmas Child, there's still time!  Shoeboxes need to be dropped off by this coming Sunday, November 18th.  And if that's not possible for you, you could  build a box online with the OCC website!  It's easy peasy and will give the gift of Jesus to a child this Christmas!  Check out all the details on their website and don't forget that you can follow your box to see where it goes!

Photo credit - Samaritan's Purse

"And the King will answer them, 'Truly I say to you,
as you did it to one of the least of these my brothers,
you did it to me.'"  Matthew 25:40


No comments:

Post a Comment