slide show

Monday, September 3, 2012

YL Family Camp

We just got home from Family Camp at Lake Champion in NY.  What a great weekend.  The camp is seriously gorgeous and there were so many fun activities.  The. kids. had. a. blast.  Even Sunshine, who was a little too young for most activities, had fun in the lake and just kind of being a part of everything.  She also made a new friend ... I'm not sure if her new BFF feels the same way but I don't think Sunshine will give her much of a choice in future meetings :-)

I admit to being a bad photographer this weekend.  But in my defense, I think I was being a better mommy because of it.  I only have a handful of pictures on my memory card of the kids, but I can assure you they thoroughly enjoyed themselves!  I did make it a priority to get out early to capture some of the beauty we were surrounded with.  Wow, God certainly outdid Himself with this place!


I don't normally get the chance to play around with waterfalls (actually I never have!), so I spent awhile working with my camera for this shot.  I really wanted a more "wispy" waterfall look but I was handholding my camera and I just couldn't go past a 1.3 second shutter speed!  To get that look, you need a very slow shutter speed, which is usually done with a tripod.  I would've loved to keep the shutter open longer but I just couldn't handhold with a slower setting.  Settings were f/22, 1.3 second SS, ISO 640.


Linking up with Sunday Snapshot this week!
Ni Hao Yall

5 comments:

  1. You did a beautiful job with your picture - it is just lovely! And I think that putting the camera down so you can enjoy your family and the events is a very good thing! I need to do it more often myself.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful shot! I would love to practice the wispy water myself sometime!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are gorgeous Nicole! I am so happy you enjoyed your time away:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Her BFF has asked about her already. :) Why the heck don't you live closer?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Didn't take enough pics either - foo - but did manage to take a few and post them tonight - http://www.myoverthinking.com/2012/09/family-camping-young-life-style.html

    I didn't get ANY of your peanut with Lydia - how did I not????!!!!

    ReplyDelete