slide show

Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Oh his precious heart

Oh this little guy ... his heart just brings me to my knees in Thanksgiving sometimes.  A couple weeks back, Angel was saving up for a special doll at Target.  She had been saving up for this doll for awhile with her allowance (which is small) and other odd jobs that she had been asking for.  On this particular Friday night, she was still about $5.00 short for the $30 price tag.  (And yes, at any given point, we could have just bought the doll for her ... but we try to stay away from buying the bigger "wants" except for birthdays and Christmas.)


Anywho, back to the story ... at night when I was putting Lovebug to bed on this Friday night, he was bothered by the fact that Angel wasn't able to get her doll yet and he offered to take his entire piggy bank to her. He made me totally speechless.  And teary-eyed.  Ohmygoodness.  His entire almost-five-year life savings.  Just willing to hand it over to his sister without a second thought to help her buy a special doll.  "I'm gonna give this to Angel cus she really wants that doll," he said.  Gah.  One of my proudest mama moments to date, seriously.


In counting up the money Lovebug gave her, Angel quickly realized that it would be enough to buy the doll.  Oh bestill my heart.  Lovebug has one of the most naturally giving spirits I have ever had the pleasure of knowing, even when the person on the receiving end isn't as reciprocal.  He is the sweetest, most wouldn't-hurt-a-fly, sensitive, gentle, innocent, loving soul.  He knows right from wrong, good from bad ... and he's not afraid to stand up for what he believes in.  He's already developing a giving heart that Jesus would be proud of, and this situation was a perfect example.  A cheerful giver indeed.


I'm amazed at what God has done through this little guy's heart already and sit even more in awe at all of the good things that are surely still to come.  Yes through God, there are no doubt many awesome things this little dude will do here on Earth.  And God gave him to me, I have so much to be thankful for!  To Him be the glory!

5 comments:

  1. Just wanted to say "hi"! I found you through you email to the CC group. I'm a fellow CC mom and photographer. I'm happy to connect with another homeschooling mom who is also a photographer! I've wondering how I was going to balance the two. :)

    And by the way, I love how cheerful your homeschool room is!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a giving heart. It always warms my heart when my kids give to their siblings. A few weeks ago, my daughter gave one of her stuffed toys to her brother. For good. Not a huge deal, but made me proud that she wanted him to be happy. Also, beautiful pictures of your little guy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi! I'm your newest follower and fellow adoptive mom!! I found you through Top Mommy Blogs and look forward to connecting with you!

    Christie
    http://satisfactionthroughchrist.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a sweet boy! My second son is like that. He bought a XBOX game for his brother the other day.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous pics of your little guy. Looks like he is already the cheerful giver whom everyone would love. Looking forward to more awesome things this little dude is going to do in future.
    Port Macquarie Photographer

    ReplyDelete