slide show

Sunday, September 23, 2012

Homeschool {Week In Review}

Homeschool Week #2 complete!  Here are a bunch of our highlights ...

Sunshine involved and right up in the mix with everything:




Working hard at our desks:


Learning about the Five Kingdoms of Living Things in Science and coloring in helpful memory tools:


Handwriting (Angel's least favorite):


Digging for buried treasure with a Pyramid Dig Kit:





Making their own colored salt doughs:





This ultimately turned into their Salt Dough 10 Commandments (one for each of their bedrooms).  I had high hopes of "carving" the commandments into the dough but well, that just wasn't working out very well.  So I wrote them in with a sharpie.  (We are working hard on memorizing the 10 Commandments with several fun games and flashcards too):


Spelling tests and math drills on the computer:


Prepping for our CC Presentations ... this week the kids will be presenting about their own personal history:


And some random cuteness as well:


It was a great week!  I am still trying to get into a groove but am feeling a little more comfortable with our schedule.  I consistently underestimate how long everything will take with a toddler in the mix, but I'm getting there :-)  I ordered a couple new educational toys for Sunshine that will hopefully keep her busy for a little while longer so I can work one-on-one with Angel when needed.  I am also working one-on-one with Lovebug here and there, but it's not nearly as intense.

Next week will be a little lighter because our cousins are in town, yay!  We are trying to soak up as much time with them as possible, so we're going to be short a couple homeschool days next week.  I'll see how much I can fit in with an abbreviated schedule!  I am just loving the flexibility of homeschool because we'll be able to take trips with our cousins during the day that we totally wouldn't be able to do otherwise.  Homeschooling rocks!

(Come find me on Facebook!  And if you have been blessed by my blog, would you mind taking just a few seconds of your time and click on the 2 links below?  You don't need to do anything except click each button once (you can click once a day!).  Each click is a "vote" that allows my blog to be seen by other homeschool and adoptive families so I can help them too!  Thank you so much for blessing me with your help, may God bless your day!)

Top Mommy Blogs - Mom Blog Directory

9 comments:

  1. Awesome! We did CC for three years and really enjoyed it. Great photos! Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like that "Today is . . . " hanging thing. Where did you get that? I also love the 10 commandments project!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nothing special about these pictures?? As if all your pictures aren't stunning!! Gorgeous!! I absolutely admire your being able to homeschool... It's just not in the cards for us, though I really wish I could work it out. We've already been called in for a teacher conference because our daughter just isn't understanding her lessons. It's so upsetting. And we only have a couple hours to work with her once she gets home (in between dinner & other daily "must-do's"... not to mention my own homework that needs to get done!).

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are awesome! We home school too and it's been fun but hectic since adding the second student. I'll keep coming around to check out more fun HS stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What math program are you using? I agonized over this decision and decided on Singapore Math, but I enjoy hearing what other people chose as well.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I agree! Homeschooling rocks!!! Glad you're already seeing all the positives....flexibility is a huge plus!! Love your pics, wish I knew how to make my pics so bright like that w/o looking artificial and harsh. I love the soft light of your shots....and those kiddies are adorable!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a GREAT week!!!!!!!!!! I absolutely ADORE those salt dough projects. I have been meaning to do that with the kids for what seems like an eternity. I need to just walk away from the office & do it. You have inspired me.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am so jealous of your homeschooling. And maybe someday I'll join your ranks. Not today but maybe eventually. Thank you for the continued inspiration!
    nancy

    ReplyDelete