slide show

Sunday, March 27, 2011

Sunday Snapshot {Our Red Thread}

If you keep up with my blog, you'll have read about the W. Family. You know - the other family who was matched at the *same* time we were with a baby girl at the *same* orphanage as Sunshine who has the *same* un-repaired CL/CP. And oh yeah, they almost share the *same* birthday too - off by only one day. In fact, today Sunshine is 10 months old and Miss E.turned 10 Months old yesterday. I pray that next month is the *last* month we have to celebrate without our girls. Just one more month. I pray.


The W. Family happen to live close enough to drive for visits. I love how God has brought our families together - way too many coincidences to be a coincidence - no doubt God's hands weaved this together :-) I cherish the bond that our little Fu sisters will have for life. A link to their past forever and a million memories for the future. A lifelong friendship with another family so similar to us in *a lot* of ways (really, quite scary how similar!!).


So the W. Family came for a visit yesterday - we had been planning this visit for over a month I think! Although we met at the CNY luncheon held by our agency, it was difficult to talk and hang out much - so we were all so excited for the opportunity to get together for an entire day! The kids played and played and played - amazingly enough there was no fighting and they all got along as if they had been friends forever - such kindred spirits in so many ways. And the adults did lots of talking ... lots of talking ... about our girls, about God and about life. A perfect day in my opinion. I think all of the food was definitely a highlight too ... Angie makes an amazing lasagna and the S'mores were totally gooey and yummy.


And of course, we couldn't get our families together without a few photos. I was really looking for something that I could frame to put on the piano. I mean, not that we need to be reminded of this beautiful family, but I wanted this memory to be a part of our family history, hung proudly in our home.


I think we got a few really sweet shots - my Dad so graciously agreed to come over and be "photographer." After I got everyone situated and was pretty sure we got a formal shot with everyone looking at the camera, I told the kids to tickle the mommies and daddies. LOL. Uh, I think they had a good time. Hmm, I think the mommies and daddies had a good time too. Bless my Dad for keeping the camera going - he gave me lots of good stuff to work with.

I just can't wait for the day when Sunshine and Miss E. are actually *IN* these photos in person, not just as tiny referral pictures. Oh one day soon - I can feel her in my arms! We are SO stinkin' close! We received our I-800 provisional approval and are currently waiting on cabling, Article 5 approval and then Travel Approval! After that, we will schedule our consulate appointment in Guangzhou, make our travel arrangements and GO GET HER!

God Bless our girls - please continue to pray for their safety and health. I was able to confirm that Sunshine is in foster care with Ann at Red Thread ... please pray that someone is loving her and taking good care of her until we can bring her home. We thank God every day for the friendship we have in the W. Family ... such a wonderful family so strong in their faith. Just love them. I think the moral support we are both able to give each other is so powerful during this strange time ... waiting to bring our girls home. I love how our family's red thread took a turn that we didn't even know was there. Cool.

This is my first Sunday Snapshot, woohoo! I've been meaning and meaning to join in and I have never gotten to it - but today I did :-) If you want to know what Sunday Snapshot is OR see other Sunday Snapshot blog posts, click on the link below!

Ni Hao Yall

10 comments:

  1. That is so cool! A God thing, for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! So happy for both families.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, what a special bond! You are very blessed! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Definitely A God Thing! Very cool!!
    Here from Sunday Snapshot.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such great photos and such a great story! :)

    I have a 15 yr daughter named Emeri so I definitely LOVE the name Emery ;)

    Thanks for stopping by my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Makes me want to cry...:) Such a sweet sweet memory for your families. And, I CANNOT wait to see these pictures side by side with FULL family pictures! Let's get these girls home!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is wonderful! What a beautiful start for these girls. Did I read you just got cabled? We got our GUZ# today, so hoping to be cabled any day now!

    ReplyDelete
  8. THANK YOU so much everyone! We feel so blessed to have connected with the Weldons :-)

    Jerusha, yes!! We were technically cabled on 3/25 but I got the letter yesterday and mailed everything out to our agency this morning! So, so close! It's funny I thought that emailing them would speed up the process but I got my emailed letter AND snail mail letter yesterday ... so I guess it didn't really do much of anything!

    ReplyDelete
  9. beautiful story and a beautiful pictures. how lucky and loved these girls are.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a neat connection your families share! I'm so excited for you to travel!!

    ReplyDelete