slide show

Wednesday, March 23, 2011

We will serve the Lord


I completely misunderstood the parent invitation to chapel today ... I *thought* Angel's class was just singing a song. I was totally wrong - the Kindergarten class was actually *leading* chapel at school today. Whoops. No camera. Darn it. Really annoying. When in a pickle though, I can always pull out my handy dandy iPhone. It's not terrible considering the lighting in the church is less than desirable.

And at least I was able to video their performances as well ... the iPhone kinda rocks :-) The video below is Angel's favorite song of the ones they sang - "We Will Serve the Lord." Oh how I love this girl - she loves God and it's amazing to watch the Holy Spirit work in her as her faith grows.

Everyone was asked to stand up so you can't really see *anything* ... but it's her favorite and that's what I want to remember. If you squint your eyes, you may be able to see her - she's dressed as a disciple on the right - wearing a white costume with a red shirt. There is a little girl in green to her left. I love that she can pick up the song in just a few practices AND can do all of the hand motions as well. A little sponge, I tell ya!

3 comments:

  1. Hi Nicole! You have a beautiful family! I wish I had the knowledge to take such beautiful photos... I have the camera, just not the knowledge. You have a gift! I can't wait to see pics of you new baby girl. I was wondering about LWB, was she with them? We are couriering bottles for them as they did Lauren's surgery. Glad we were able to connect!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kathleen! I don't know if she is with LWB ... I would LOVE if she is but I don't know. I had LWB donate cleft bottles to her orphanage though, so that's the connection. I am so glad to hear that you are taking more bottles, that's so awesome! It was a Godsend to find out they would send them to her orphanage - I had no idea that programs like that existed!

    THANK YOU so much for the compliment! I really love my "job" and feel so blessed to do something that (most days) doesn't seem much like work :-) Do you have a DSLR? In all of your spare time, reading "Understanding Exposure" will help you learn how to work your camera. The rest is just seeing the moment to capture it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nicole,
    On the LWB site you can, once you get home, fill out the form and they will let you know if they have information and/or photos of your daughter and they will send it to you. I have a Nikon D90. I love to take pics, but really don't understand the exposure stuff.... but hey I try. I was wonderful of you to get those bottles to you DD orphanage!!! I am sure they were very happy to get them.

    Blessings,
    Kathleen

    ReplyDelete