slide show

Monday, March 14, 2011

American Girl


She will, indeed, soon be an American girl ... as soon as she steps foot on American soil to be exact. So this outfit was made with a ton of love for that. exact. moment. ... when our Sunshine becomes an American. She will already be our daughter but becoming an American is *almost* as exciting I think.

I'm sure you can guess that the stunning dress was made by my mom and the adorable crocheted accessories were made by Mel :-) I am so, so, so happy with this outfit ... I adore it. I will adore it even more when Sunshine is wearing it. But for now, I'll adore it hung up in her room.

An update on our I-800 approval: I am not sure if I shared this before, but Sunshine's name was actually translated incorrectly on our LOA. The Chinese government issued a new, corrected document last week. And thank goodness they did because US Immigration wouldn't approve us until ALL of the names matched up. So after going back and forth with our officer and getting him the corrected document, we are good to go and he said he will finish everything up tomorrow and get our provisional acceptance out! Wahoo! I have to say, I'm super-impressed with how fantastic our officer was - he was so quick to respond to my emails and was even willing to accept a scanned version of the LOA instead of me snail mailing it! A huge shout out to Officer Kirk Giffen - you seriously *rock*!!!!!

This means that we will be moving one step closer to our sweet pea!

1 comment:

  1. oh so perfect! i love love love it! and the hat and shoes? incredible!!

    ReplyDelete