slide show

Friday, September 3, 2010

The State Fair






Well ... the State Fair was kind of a bust. The ONLY ride Lovebug wanted to get on was the train and Angel wasn't that willing to ride many of them either. LOL. We forgot to bring the stroller, so the kids were hoofing it the whole time. It was still great to be out as a family but it didn't go exactly as planned :-) The one interesting thing that came out of the Fair was that Angel rode the "big kid" swings with me. I was shocked that she was tall enough to do it, but she was. Actually, I guess I shouldn't have been shocked when thinking about her Daddy's genes.

Anywho, I *thought* it was a great idea for her to ride the swings - I mean, it was one of my favorite rides as a kid to sit back and relax on. I'd go multiple times. So of course Angel would love it too, right? She totally did ... absolutely loved it ... I wish everyone could have seen the grin she had from ear to ear. Unfortunately, I was not as excited. I'm sure I would have enjoyed the ride had I been by myself but I was scared to death the entire time ... you get a certain amount of weightlessness every time the swing comes back down and I was (secretly) freaking out and worrying that she was somehow going to fall out of it. I suppose the physics of it all makes that impossible ... centrifugal force, centripetal force, gravity ... I don't know - I'm *sure* one of them (or all of them?) kept her in her seat. But as a mom, I was absolutely 200% scared out of my mind that something was gonna go wrong. Praise God that nothing did ... I look back on that decision as one of my more stupid ones. LOL. Maybe it's totally safe but her little body is so tiny and I was so worried that it was going to maneuver it's way OUT of the seat. But finally, FINALLY ... the ride came to an end and everyone was still in their seats. That was one of the most anxious few minutes I have ever had in my *LIFE* ... I may be blowing this out of proportion but it will definitely be a few more years before she goes on that ride again. LOL.

No comments:

Post a Comment