slide show

Tuesday, September 21, 2010

A special farm

This was such a fun visit! I had sadly never heard of this farm before, but I am so glad I stumbled upon it! I know it was bound to be cool with all of this fun stuff!
I grew up with the fun stuff here and although it's still not at the E.F., this is close enough ... although I will say it's a bit disappointing to see that you can't go "in" most of the stuff. The kids enjoyed checking everything out though. Below is Cinderella in her pumpkin coach :-) Ahhh the good 'ole days.
They also really enjoyed the petting zoo (or petting farm?). There were chickens literally walking around with us - kind of a new experience. LOL.
This is the 3 Little Pig's house below. Isn't the sky gorgeous?! I swear I didn't do anything to these photos to make the color pop like that - I just cropped and resized :-)
There were lots of slides all over - this one was attached to (I'm assuming) Mother Goose.

Angel's favorite in the petting area - the bunnies. Her Uncle has a pair of bunnies that she adores. Whenever she can get her hands on one, she's in heaven. She really loves animals - I can soooo see some kind of veterinarian job in her future.
This shoe was what I had been anticipating ... it's one of my E.F. memories that's most vivid. I told Angel all about it but I don't think she really understood. She told me this was the coolest place though - so I think she "got" why I was so excited about it.
Unfortunately I was a little bummed to see that the upstairs is locked off. :-( I really wanted to go up there!
This was one of the only times I got Angel to look at me and smile. She is absolutely a photographer's kid. LOL.

Lovebug was enthralled with the wishing well.
The crooked house, doesn't this thing rock?!
And the schoolhouse - I have no recollection of this whatsoever.

I love how bright all of the colors are! They are really just like this - someone spent A LOT of time restoring this stuff.


I know I say it all the time ... but yeah, I could eat him.
Below was the 3 Little Bears' house.

Lovebug was in heaven with the train.
This teacup was at the beginning of the E.F. maze - which was super cool. There are mazes cut out through these evergreens and they all have E.F. goodness along them. So fun!


And here is our sad attempt at a family shot for the dossier. LOL. I don't know, maybe I'll use it. Angel is impossible for family shots - Lovebug is always such a trooper. How is THAT possible? It's supposed to be easier when they get older, right?
So we had a TON of fun at this farm. The kids and I loved it ... DH thought it was "just" a farm. He is nuts. I think the long-ish drive had something to do with his thought process. It was completely worth it in my opinion! The kids had SO much fun.

4 comments:

  1. We were going to go here last time we visited my parents in Ellicott City but it was something like 400 degrees out, so we went out for ice cream instead. Looks so fun! Can't believe you are so close to them--we really have to get together some time! And, for the record, don't worry about the dossier photos so much. The Chinese never smile for pictures!
    Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kelly, I KNOW! We definitely need to meet - I know our families will have so much fun together :-) I think it took us about 40 minutes to get there, so it wasn't too bad of a drive at all! Definitely loads of fun!

    I think I'm using that family pic for the dossier. LOL. It's so impossible to get pictures of ALL of us together!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We went for the first time the weekend right before you did!!! So many people have been talking about it I had to get there. Of coarse our little man is way to little to enjoy it but niece and nephew had a blast!!!!

    Aubrey Breen

    ReplyDelete
  4. We have been there many times and LOVE it. We actually had Landon's 2nd birthday party there and may do it again for his 3rd...it was great!

    ReplyDelete