slide show

Thursday, September 16, 2010

A morning with my little buddy

It's been kind of strange (and great!) having just Lovebug around in the mornings. For the longest time, I'd say ... "Oh we'll do that when Angel gets home." I was always waiting for when both kids were home to do whatever activity we wanted to do. I have finally realized that waiting is kind of silly. So I'm trying to soak up the time I have with just Lovebug.
It's a bit difficult because I do all the errands and chores in the mornings, but I'm trying to make sure I sit down and just play too. For the longest time, Lovebug has been (as my dad describes so well) the wingman - the 2nd child - and he does it so well. But he is AMAZING by himself too ... like really incredible ... such a cool little dude.


I finally have my "only child" time with him ... it took almost 3 years of him being around, but I finally got it. LOL. I have such fond memories of the time when it was just me and Angel during the day ... and now I have the awesome ability to make more fond memories with just my perfect little guy too. SUCH a blessing this is.
I see the title of "class clown" in his future. He is 100% goofball and can always make us laugh. He is (most of the time) a pretty laid back little man, always able to go with the flow. He absolutely worships his older sister and will do anything to just be a part of what she's doing. He really misses her in the mornings!
Lovebug is obsessed with trains and all things that move. He interestingly won't touch any cars/trains that make noise ... actually he's petrified of them. But he loves his cars and trains and REALLY enjoys making them "Crash, crash CRASH!"

If you look closely, you can actually see him say "crash" in the 2 below images on the right. So funny.
I think we're going to work on a big boy train table for his birthday so he can spread out a bit more and have some more freedom. This Step2 table has been great, but he's definitely outgrowing it.

I love this next shot. LOL. All the windows were open and we could very loudly hear the train pass by at this exact moment. He LOVES hearing the trains and his face lights up if he actually gets to see the train too. Ahhh, the simple pleasures in life :-)

These are the foam blocks I have in a drawer in the kitchen. He took the time to set a few up and then crashed into them afterward. LOL. That's my boy :-)
We had a really fun, relaxed morning. The TV stayed off all day and we just played. What fun :-)

2 comments:

  1. What a beautiful time together. Beautiful pictures and sweet stories behind them. I totally can see his lips saying "crash." :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw thanks Kelly! I wish we had more time ... feels like there's always something to DO!

    ReplyDelete