slide show

Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Papers, please?

A lot of people have asked how the adoption is going ... this is what we are in the midst of! Papers! I wanted to make sure I documented all of this crazy adoption paperwork! I had to stand on a chair to get all of it in. LOL. You can even see my EKG over there on the top right.
This isn't even ALL of the paperwork, that's what's nuts. It's a lot of it, but definitely not all of it.
This is the checklist I've been working off of for the home study. Almost there! DH got his FBI clearance re-fingerprinted today so we have a few more weeks to wait on that. I also need to call the health department today to find out where they are in scheduling our health inspection.
Our adoption agency folder, I really love our social worker, she's been amazingly helpful!
Certified birth certificates and marriage license! Lots of paperwork ... driving records and rabies certificates for the dogs. So phew, slowly but surely, we are getting there. We're getting close to wrapping up the paperwork for our home study. We just need to wait on DH's FBI clearance and our health inspection. After all of it is complete, our social worker will come back to meet with us again I think 2 more times. After that, she will compile a summary of all the paperwork and interviews. The summary is the "Home Study" that will go into our dossier.

We have some things to complete for our dossier also, but none of it is super time consuming thank goodness! I'm setting up tonight to take our passport photos so we can get that sent off. I was going to get them done at the post office but I found a handy .pdf file online that tells professional photogs what all the specifications are, so I'm just going to do it. It's not in me to pay someone to take photos of us when I'm perfectly capable. LOL.

PS - I just fell in love with my 100mm macro lens all over again. The depth of field ... wow.

No comments:

Post a Comment