slide show

Thursday, May 20, 2010

Our dossier photos

We have to submit 6 photos with our dossier. My Dad came over to babysit last night and because it was an overcast day, I thought it might be the perfect opportunity to grab a few of the shots we need. I loathe doing family portraits of us ... it's stressful because I can't see what's going on and let's face it, it's always "interesting" trying to get group shots with little ones. LOL.
China is pretty specific about 2 of the photos - we need at least one with all of us looking at the camera and we need one with us in front of our house with the whole house in view. I think I'm going with the first 2 shots - a closer-up portrait and a full body.
And here is the whole house in view one. LOL. We totally look like ants. What's disappointing is that when I zoom in, we all look awesome and I really wish that we had done a closer-up version. I might have to try and recreate this pose :-) :-)
This one of Angel was my "test shot" to make sure all my settings were good to go. I am totally in love with this portrait ... maybe a portfolio piece if I get rid of the hand stamp?! The beautiful smile, hair blowing in the wind, big flower headband, rich colors ... ahh, perfection! Gosh I love this little girl!

THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU to my Dad & S. for doing this for us. My Dad was the shooter and S. was court jester. LOL. She took her "assignment" very seriously (or not seriously, we were all cracking up!) and got some great smiles out of the kids. These were by far the least stressful family portraits we have ever done. I actually had fun, yay!

We'll be submitting the 1st, 2nd and 4th shots for our dossier. We still will have to come up with 3 other photos - all of us doing "stuff" as a family. I'm working on figuring out what I want those to be ... playing in the playroom, working in the garden, cooking ... ?? I'll think on it :-)

2 comments:

  1. Adorable pics! The colors look so bright. They are perfect for the dossier! I just got the Canon T2i for Mother's Day. So far, I really like it. It's so much faster than the old digital rebel I had. Looking forward to following along in your process to bring your new child home!
    Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Kelly! I started out with the Rebel XT too. You've gotten really great shots with it! It served it's purpose but boy am I in love with my 5D Mk II. I still use the Rebel kind of as a P&S but it's tough to go back.

    ReplyDelete