slide show

Thursday, May 27, 2010

Like a kid in a candy store!

At least that's how I feel when the UPS guy drops off a package from my lab! Here is the storyboard I designed last week from our dossier pictures and I am just thrilled with the results! This is a 20x24 floating wrap.
Of course these shots don't come close to doing this wall art justice, but you can get a really good idea. The colors are a little off and the pictures aren't as crisp as they are in the actual storyboard.
The floating wrap is a little less than 1/2 inch thick and the image is actually wrapped around a padded foam board.
It has a 3/4 inch foam board attached to the back for hanging, so it will stand out from the wall. Coolness! You can also see that the back is wrapped in black paper for a nice clean finish.
I'm in love with this new piece! It will always be a wonderful reminder of this crazy dossier-building time :-) Now I just need to figure out where to hang it so we can walk by it *a lot* ...

5 comments:

  1. Thank you so much Kelly! I'm tickled with how it turned out :-) Makes me want more family portraits now! LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  2. love it?! where to hang it?! how about when you walk upstairs in the foyer there?!

    ReplyDelete
  3. p.s. - didn't mean to have the "?" behind "love it!"

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank Kristen! I went with a wall going up the steps (against Zach's wishes - LOL). It's the smaller wall on the right of the bottom stairs, where the light switches are. I pass there a million times a day to look at it and people can see it from the foyer/gallery area perfectly. The natural light is really great there too. Zach preferred a wall in between the kitchen & family room near the butler's pantry but it's really dark and there's no light to turn on.

    ReplyDelete