slide show

Friday, December 25, 2009

Christmas morning {later}

Opening the next round of gifts ... Angel & Lovebug got cool see-through umbrellas from my parents.
They also got comfy new slippers - Lovebug couldn't WAIT to put them on! You can also check out my mom's handiwork AGAIN - she made the kids coordinating PJ's! Isn't she amazing?!
Angel is playing with the new Melissa & Doug castle that Lovebug got ... LOL.
Lovebug's checking out the Cars game he got for the new LF Click Start computer (I can't wait to get that hooked up!)
This was the only shot I could manage of Angel in her pink cowgirl hat. She really wanted one after Granddad got a black one for Lovebug's 2nd birthday. So far, she's not wearing it as much as she said she would, but we'll see :-)
Angel chillaxing in her Tinkerbell chair and sporting the new Minnie slippers. She hates socks, so this is a good alternative to bare feet in the winter. She's also sporting the PJ's my mom made for her - seriously, my mom is the best!
My awesome bro sporting the beard ... still not used to it but he can definitely pull it off!
Uncle and Angel playing the new Wii princess game he got her. She's mesmorized!
Lovebug was so funny - I was trying out the new softbox I got to go over my flash and he was looking up at me like I was crazy ... and then totally expecting the flash to go off, he kept squinting. My kids aren't used to it, I almost NEVER use a flash.
The boys ... unbelievable how many times I had to take this photo to get a good one! Boys, boys, boys.
Yeah this is pretty much the ONLY photo of me ... LOL. C'est la vie I suppose but sometimes it's nice to be captured in the memories. No one else did it for me, so I took matters into my own hands ... self-portrait with Dad :-)
My other brother completely passed on my dad ... poor guy, he worked ALL day on Christmas Eve and I made him get to my house "early" at 10am. LOL.
The craziness! Dogs passed out (see Taylor laying there too?), everyone watching Mickey's Christmas Carol (now THAT one brings back some memories) ... see Lovebug's new dancemat? He and Angel both totally love it. Wow what a great day ... so sad to see it end ... it always seems too soon.
D. giving some love to Lovebug. You can tell he was trying really really hard to hug her back!
Angel putting together her first necklace from the princess jewelry kit as things wind down. I think everyone had just left at this point (maybe around 2:30pm-ish).

Seriously, what an awesome day! My mom, dad, MIL and I got a kick-butt breakfast/brunch together and everyone really had a great time (I hope!). The kids have so many wonderful new toys to play with - Angel got some super cool games that we are already having fun playing. Thanks a BIG ton to my parents for helping to pull off the big day and making it so special for my kiddos (especially Mom - seriously, THANK YOU!). It's always really wonderful to spend time with the people that mean the most ... thanks everyone for making the day memorable! Merry Christmas and Happy Birthday to Jesus!

No comments:

Post a Comment