slide show

Thursday, July 11, 2013

Goodbye, sweet friend

I truly wasn't prepared for how difficult it would be to say goodbye to my sweet, loyal girl on Tuesday.  The actual process itself is so difficult, and then the grieving afterward just plain stinks.  There are so many things that remind me she's not here, and thinking about that just makes me so terribly sad.  She was so good to me, and now there is a void in my heart that I wasn't prepared to deal with.  She went peacefully on Tuesday morning, and both DH and I were there for her last breath.  The vet was so sensitive and compassionate, it was the best way I could have asked for it all to happen.

Now we pick up the pieces and move on.  I know some probably think, "she was just a dog," but she is very special to me and I am better for having her in my life for 13 sweet years.  I love her and miss her terribly.  Seeing Raven grieve her loss also is heartbreaking.  She has cried by the door and even had trouble eating.  She's been following me around and is clearly hurting, poor pup.  We brought Taylor's collar in to sit by the back door to help her "get" it.  That was difficult for me, but it's even harder to explain to a dog that her best friend isn't coming back.  Ugh.  On day at a time.



2 comments:

  1. You have been able to put into words, so beautifully and eloquently with these last few posts, what many of us have felt and experienced when saying goodbye to our treasured animal companions. I am so very sorry for your loss…
    Leslie

    “If there ever comes a day when we can’t be together, keep me in your heart, I’ll stay there forever.” – Winnie the Pooh

    ReplyDelete
  2. SO SO SO SO SAD!!!!!! :( breaks me heart!I am so sorry for your loss!

    ReplyDelete