slide show

Monday, July 8, 2013

Bath time

I admit I'm not the best dog bath giver.  The dogs might get baths once a year.  Maybe.  And considering I couldn't even recall when her last bath was, I just felt like it was something I needed to do.  DH and the kids bathed Raven while I took care of Taylor.  I gave her a good massage and made sure to get all of her favorite spots.

Gosh this is hard.  I can't imagine what it's like to say goodbye suddenly to your pet.  But having this drawn out over a week knowing that it's going to happen is kind of torture.  I feel terrible every time I see her pep up a bit (like after her bath today, which always makes her run around the house like a maniac ... I should have thought about that ahead of time).  I'm thankful I have the extra time to work through this with my camera though, these memories will be priceless!


2 comments:

  1. So glad you are documenting this past week! Love you and praying for you, especially tomorrow! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope you have plenty of things to distract you these first few days without her. hugs to you!

    ReplyDelete