slide show

Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Just call me crazy ...

I recently realized that I forgot to tell my bloggy friends about the new hat I will be wearing in just a few short weeks ... homeschool mama.  Yup, call me insane or absolutely nutty.  But we're doing it and I am so. stinkin. excited. about it.  I know it's going to add more work to my already full life, but I'm diving in full force and cannot wait to see what the school year will bring.  More information to come about why we chose this route for our family.  And for those interested about what we'll be doing, I'm using a Classical Approach and we've joined a local Classical Conversations community, woot woot!  Lots more info to come in the future about our curriculums and you can check out many of the fun school ideas that I've pinned over on my Pinterest board ... what an addiction *THAT* is.  Sheesh.

For now, my precious girl with (most) of her homeschool books.  So looking forward to spending lots of time with this love!


5 comments:

  1. Such an exciting adventure. You and your sweet love will create SO MANY memories...what a treasure!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it!!!!!!!! It is so tiring, but yet so wonderful. To be able to hang with these special little people is awesome. I will be praying for you. I had friends that did the Classical Conversations, and they loved it. We are joining a Co Op this year that meets on Thursdays form 9:30-2:30.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Homeschooling is a wonderful thing! We are entering our 9th year. Wouldn't trade it for the world!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You will love it!!! There are days that I don't love it, but they are few and far between. ;) And the good days faaaaar outweigh the bad. It is the best thing I have ever done. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Was your daughter in public school before? My daughter is in second grade now and we've been talking about homeschooling. She loves school though. I wonder if the transition would be tough for her.
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete