slide show

Monday, October 3, 2011

She said MAMA!!!!!


Sorry, that's an old picture - I shot it over a month ago (you can even still see the stitches in her lip and she doesn't have any molars!). But I didn't have an image to go with this blog post and needed one! And I promise, she does not spend all of her time in the high chair, despite what the most recent pictures of her may lead you to believe. It's just the easiest place for me to keep her still! LOL.

Anyway - YES, she said MAMA ... deliberately! She pointed to a wedding picture of me & DH and said "Mama!" Not like, "mamamamamamamama" like kids do. But a deliberate "Mama" ... oh bestill my heart. What an amazing goose bumpy kind of moment. God is so good.

12 comments:

  1. I got goose bumps, too, just reading your post...so I can only imagine what it felt like for you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So many BIG firsts for your little girl! It sounds like a fountain has been uncapped and there is no stopping her now. So beautiful!
    Hugs,
    Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  3. YAY!! That is so wonderful! Our newest little one just gave me her first puckered-up full lip kiss, all of her own accord. My heart took flight. I totally know your feeling. So happy for you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I got chills reading this. I can't wait for this moment. What a blessing from God and confirmation. I was curious how much Brooklyn weighs. Our little peanut only weighs 13lbs and is 17 months. I am wanting to buy clothes for her but trying to decide on a size. :) We will probably be traveling March or April.

    ReplyDelete
  5. that's wonderful!!!!!! I'm so excited for you! And I can't wait to hear those words myself!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome, Nicole! I too look forward to those words. Her hair is too cute in that pic. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. WONDERFUL moment! And your children are gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is the sweetest thing I have read all day!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sweet baby girl! We just came home 10 days ago with our Lily - 18 months old with bilateral unrepaired cleft palate and repaired lip. It has been wonderful to read your blog. Our daughter scoots, too, and does not walk (yet!). I feel encouraged now! Go, Brooklyn!

    ReplyDelete
  10. AWE!!!! What a wonderful feeling isn't it!

    ReplyDelete
  11. My daughter just did this, too. I am rejoicing with you!

    ReplyDelete