slide show

Wednesday, February 9, 2011

On the day Sunshine was born ...

It was a typical, nothing-in-particular kind of day in May. We were at home playing. It was a Thursday, a day that Angel didn't go to preschool (LOVED those days). We had the whole day to do nothing and just play. The kids drew on the kitchen doors with window crayons - they just love doing that!

Unfortunately I can't recall much else about that day ... maybe we went to the grocery store ... maybe we went outside to play ... maybe we had macaroni & cheese for lunch (actually there's a pretty good chance we had mac & cheese for lunch - LOL!). It makes me sad that we didn't know she was being born, I wrestle with this birthday thing a lot.
I DO know that I received our family storyboard in the mail that day - I created it from our dossier pictures. So in a way, I guess that's how I can identify with Sunshine's birthday ... knowing that I received something special that was made because of her. I remember feeling like it was Christmas Day because I was so excited to open up the box!
And, just 2 days prior to Sunshine's birthday, while her birth mom was preparing for her birth and a very difficult decision, our kitchen looked like THIS - filled with paperwork to bring our baby girl home. We were also working on our passport photos HERE. It's comforting to know that we were preparing for her arrival just like her birth mom was, but there will always be so many unanswered questions. So for now, this is what I know of Sunshine's birthday - I hope one day we are able to fill in some of the missing puzzle pieces for our daughter.
Here are the finished "artwork" displays from my kiddos on that day - aren't they the cutest? LOL. Lovebug still draws lots and lots of scribbles and Angel's drawing skills have just blossomed while in Kindergarten (I mean seriously blossomed - leaps and bounds blossomed!!).
I am thankful for these images - they aren't anything special but it's nice to know what we were doing on Sunshine's birthday. I didn't even know I had these - I had to go digging because I didn't even blog them last year. That kind of has me wondering though - what else didn't I blog?

1 comment:

  1. What beautiful thoughts for Brooke's lifebook!

    Melissa
    www.thecorkums.com

    ReplyDelete