slide show

Thursday, November 7, 2013

Individually frozen dinners

I've been interesting recently in finding a way to freeze individual meals from our leftovers.  There are so many times when we throw out perfectly good leftovers because we're just in the mood for something else.  Ya know what I mean?  It's such a waste though, and I know plenty of families that freeze meals all the time.  I found these cheap reusable to-go containers on Amazon the other day and decided to give them a whirl the other night.  I overestimated (by A LOT) how much we would eat, so it seemed like the perfect opportunity.  I had enough stuffed shells for an entire extra meal and four individually frozen meals, veggies included.  Awesome!  I wrapped these containers in two layers of aluminum foil.  A lot of the online website suggest wrapping in plastic wrap first, and then aluminum foil ... but I don't typically keep plastic wrap around.  Hopefully two layers of aluminum foil will be ok, I'll have to update later on how it works out.  I think these will be perfect for work lunches or nights when I just don't get around to cooking dinner.



1 comment:

  1. I love this - we do the same thing :) Aldi had some serving-size tupperware-type containers a while ago, so I stocked up and started freezing leftovers and cooking 2x as much food as we needed some nights to freeze what was left, and it has been great! They're easy for my husband to grab to take to work for his lunches, and we can always thaw a few of them for dinners on nights when cooking just isn't going to happen. We're finding that it's much cheaper and healthier than other alternatives!

    ReplyDelete