slide show

Sunday, October 7, 2012

Doing so well

My brother isn't around the kids very often, but when he is .... oh boy the kids have fun.  He turns into a human jungle jim and does all sorts of crazy flips with them and is just an all-around silly guy.   

When I came home from a much-needed haircut on Friday, I found him at my house with my dad (who was babysitting for me so I could could get said much-needed haircut), along with the kids.  When I walked in the door, I saw him carrying Sunshine around on his back all around the house and he looked at me and said, "Wow, she's doing so well."  And then they went off again.

Yes indeed, she is doing well.  At the last family function, she would have had nothing to do with my brothers.  Yesterday was a first, she finally figured out that he was "safe" and maybe kinda fun.  To see her running around the house with Uncle Chris?  Oh it warms my heart.  She couldn't get enough of him and kept going back for more.  You see, this "doing well" thing ... it happens so gradually most of the time that I don't even notice it.  Until one day I do, and it's so obvious that it just sticks out like a soar thumb.  I love watching her continue to blossom in front of my eyes, it's a beautiful process!





Ni Hao Yall

1 comment:

  1. Oh my! It must be such a treasure to watch your girl get to know and love your family. What a lovely girl!

    ReplyDelete