slide show

Friday, January 10, 2014

Do you do quinoa?

Because I am obsessed.  I love quinoa.  You can do anything with it and it's pretty darn healthy for you too.  I made these little quinoa cups for brunch on Christmas Day (don't worry, there were also plenty of very unhealthy options available too), and I thought they were just fabulous.  Quinoa is so versatile and you can add just about anything to it.  Literally.  There are sooooo many recipes out there.  If you haven't cooked it yet, you are missing out!  I pulled the quinoa cup recipe from pinterest and want to share it with you, along with another one that is my quick go-to quinoa dish.  I'm going to link to the recipes instead of post them here, so the original creators can get credit for them (see below).


I do cook quinoa in low-sodium chicken stock, versus water, for added tastiness.  But that's not necessary if you are looking for a vegan dish.  Water works fine too, it just has less flavor.

Spinach Parmesan Quinoa (my personal go-to quinoa dish)

Here are a few other quinoa recipes that sound delicious:


3 comments:

  1. LOVE quinoa too! One of our favorites are quinoa patties and muffins! The kids eat them too, so double win!
    The patties: http://www.epicurious.com/recipes/food/views/Little-Quinoa-Patties-365029
    Quinoa muffins: http://www.gracelaced.com/blog/2011/01/18/eat-your-breakfast-quinoa-muffins

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Danielle! I will definitely check out those recipes, they sound wonderful!

      Delete
    2. Thanks Danielle! I will definitely check out those recipes, they sound wonderful!

      Delete