slide show

Tuesday, January 28, 2014

{Celebrate China} Our Fu Tree

I love the idea of combining our American traditions with Sunshine's Chinese heritage.  There are some Spring Festival customs that we can't do here (like setting off firecrackers), so creating some of our own blended traditions seems like a great idea.  When I saw a Chinese New Year tree on another adoptive mama's blog, I thought it was such a creative idea.  I am hoping to add to our ornaments while I'm in China, and eventually hope to decorate our big tree after the Christmas ornaments come down.  For now, I started with our small tree.  "Fu Tree" comes from the Chinese word "fu," which means good fortune.  It's also part of the city's name where Sunshine was born.










1 comment:

  1. What a beautiful idea. I always feel bad about killing a tree every year, so I'm thinking about buying a small tree in a pot, and decorating it. My sweetie thinks I'll just kill it though. =P

    ReplyDelete