slide show

Tuesday, October 22, 2013

A favorite project

I've done many furniture projects over the years.  I adore giving new life to old stuff with a few coats of paint.  But THIS project has been my favorite, by far.  These are beachy / coastal bedside tables created from old shutters that I've had laying around for years.  I don't even remember what year I picked them up at a yard sale, but they've been collecting dust for a long time.  I had the idea to turn them into bedside tables, but knew the woodworking portion would be a bit more than I could bite off.  So I asked my Daddy to help :)  He cut them down, fit them together, and added the tops.  Voila, new bedside tables ready to be painted and distressed.  I was literally giddy when I saw them put together.

Although my Daddy wasn't thrilled with them not fitting perfectly square together, I'm in love with them.  Creating something beautiful out of repurposed stuff is awesome.  And when the result is as gorgeous as this ... well, it's pretty satisfying too :)  So fun to watch these come together!






2 comments: