slide show

Friday, April 19, 2013

She said it

Apparently she listens to me more than I think.
Out of the blue, in the middle of her ramblings today, she said it.
She said, "China.  China Mommy!"
In disbelief, I asked her if she had said "China Mommy," and she nodded yes.
So I walked her into her bedroom with her, pointed to the picture of her foster mama and asked, "Who's that?"
She looked at me, smiled, and answered, "Mommy.  China Mommy."
I really had no idea that she paid attention to the before-bed rocking chair talks I had with her (or more with myself).
Even though her verbal language is still newly developing,
she obviously listens to me, understands, and retains A LOT.
At two years old, she is wise beyond her years.
She will have so many thoughts to process as she grows up.
And I am honored to be able to help her through whatever may come.
God has given me such a gift in her and I love being her mama.


2 comments:

  1. What a sweet post! Thanks for sharing!!

    www.beautifulxchange.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. OHHHHHH GIRL. She is absolutely precious! Love it!

    craftadoption.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete